Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sometimes...

Sometimes I wonder why Florida never gets the memo that it's winter.  But then God paints the sky like this and it feels a little like freshly fallen snow, only...warmer...



Sometimes I look out the back door and wonder, "where is those kids' mother*?"...
(And sometimes I wonder just how much punctuation I can use in a sentence.  The answer is lots.)


*And that is not even true.  I really wonder, "where is my camera?"


Sometimes I wonder where my little boy went.  I wonder why he obeys when no one else gives a hoot what I'm saying.  When I don't even give a hoot what I'm saying.  And how suddenly all he wants to do is run amok outside...




Sometimes I wonder why this boy never thinks he needs my assistance.  I wonder how this 6-year-old is going on 16.  And obsessed with hygiene.  And by hygiene, I mean Axe.  Por homme...




Sometimes I wonder how this baby is becoming a full-grown, full-blown princess.  And why her favorite show is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  And why she's happy in front of the camera only when she's photo bombing...



But always, always...I'm grateful.  I try to live life in slow motion, you know this, but it's getting away from me still.  Those who deal with me on a daily basis probably wish I'd speed things up a bit.  (They wish in vain, I'm afraid.)  I want every day to be as a thousand years with these 3.  And honestly?  Yesterday felt like a thousand years, so we must be on the right track.


I want to thank you all for your sweet comments.  Did you know words of affirmation is my love language?  I think it is anyways.  Sometimes I feel a little silly putting all of this on the world wide web; but you encourage me to share.  And for that I thank you.  It can't be much worse than some of the other nonsense on the internet, right?  Wait...don't answer that...

   
Here's hoping your week is filled with blue skies and smooth sailing.
Or maybe blue skies with pretty white clouds.
(Sailing optional.)  

3 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

I believe we have the same sky. God is not stingy with his beauty.

You have heard this before, "it seems like only yesterday you were just a baby." Corny, maybe, maybe not.

Sixty years old caught me by surprise. I was shocked to be so old. What happened, I remember thinking, there's plenty of time for everything. And then there wasn't.

Sixty six now and retired. Kids are grown, grandkids are grown.

You are wise to pay particular attention to days floating along with the greatest of ease. The amazing 3 are growing fast. I see it in the year or so I've been following you.

It is always good to stop by and visit.

God Bless you.

varvell said...

You are just so awesome and I love you so very much!!!!!!!!!!

momvarvell said...

I can so identify with Wild Magnolia and say that I wish I had paid more attention to the days but then again I think I did and they went past anyway. You promised that you would grow up really slowly but look there, time went by anyway.

I don't know how I got to be in my 60's and became the "Grandparent" when I am suppose to be the child. I am glad there is no time in Heaven so we can always be together. I love to read your blogs and hear what is rustling around in your head. It is so worth the read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...